Freelancing is becoming more prevalent in the UAE, unusually with the more youthful generation. The Government enterprises and many cost-effective freelance permits declared by the numerous free zones promote the current trend. Suppose you want to know how to get a freelance visa in Dubai 2021; here, we mention a complete guide.
The freelancer license permit is of prominent interest for various people who are interested in working as individuals and not under any company. The freelancer permit allows them to have proper support for their business identity and increase reliability among customers.
The freelance permit aims to encourage freelancers to expand their network, gain more recognition and establish their own companies in Dubai for the future. A freelance visa is a kind of residence permit in the UAE. It allows you the freedom to live and work in the country and make resident permits for your family members.
Dubai Freelance Permit & Dubai Freelance Visa
The reason behind the developing popularity in the area is the ease with which it is possible to apply for a freelance visa in Dubai. The most suitable visa for a freelancer in Dubai is commonly known as the entrepreneur visa. This is a comparatively new entrance to the Emirates, working out around five years ago. Whereas previously, entrepreneurs new to the country would have to represent proof of on-going business or an offer of employment to apply for a UAE visa because this is no longer the case because of the entrepreneur’s visa.
As well as your visa, you will also need a license to work as a freelancer in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Applying for a UAE freelance license, also known as the UAE freelance permit, is incredibly simple. There are two ways to get your freelance Visa in Dubai. If you want to set up in the UAE mainland, you can apply directly to the Dubai Department of Economic Development or the municipality of your chosen emirate.
How To Obtain A Freelance Visa In Dubai
The steps you can follow to obtain a freelance visa in Dubai :
- Apply to the suitable free zone where you intend to hold a Visa
- Submit an application for interim permission along with the business plan, passport copy, and reference letter.
- In case of approval, you will receive a customer confirmation letter from the respective free zone authority.
- Sign the confirmation letter and resubmit along with the other documents for the final approvals
- Make all the payments such as the freelance permit fee, employee visa sponsorship fees and first installment for rent or office space and other charges.
- Sign the Free zone Sponsorship Contract and get the freelance permit with the freelance visa.
- On receiving all the certification and approval, you can avail the flexi-desk and business conveniences within the free zone and begin your freelance business in the UAE authorized.
Make A Call
Chat with us
Freelance Visa In Dubai For Sponsored Residence
If you are a sponsored residence means a wife or child of a residence, which means that your stay in Dubai is linked to your father or husband. Getting a freelancer visa is not a wrong plan. When you find and way that is possible, you and apply for it and make extra cash while studying or cooking. But first, you must acquire a no objection letter from your partner.
Documents Required For A Freelance Visa In Dubai
Following are the compulsory documents you should have when applying for a freelance visa in UAE:
- Legitimate passport (passport should hold a validity of 8 months)
- Copy of valid passport
- Passport size photographs (according to the picture protocols of UAE policy)
- Reference letter from a bank
- NOC from your UAE sponsor
- Documents associated to Academic qualifications in case you are applying in the education sector. These documents must be approved by the UAE government or Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- If you are applying for the media category, then your work portfolio is compulsory to support your application and validate your work.
How To Apply For Freelance Visa in Dubai
Applying for a freelance visa in Dubai is one of the most cost-effective methods to do business in this part of the globe. And it is not only the startup costs that are low. As you do not have to lease physical premises or employ any staff, operating costs can also be kept to a minimum.
If you require yet another reason to freelance in the UAE, it is also incredibly fast and quick to get started. Work with a company set up expert, and all you need to offer is some basic documentation and a little information about your business’s nature.